Rare is the student who does not face the problem of doing homework. It is especially worrisome when you are just starting the new year of study. After all, instinctively students feel that if something is missed now, they will have to suffer all the remaining school years. It is important from the very first days of attending school to develop a positive attitude towards homework, and our homework tips will help.
Homework must be completed at the same time during the day. The most optimal and productive time is from 4 to 6 pm.
What Does It Mean to Do Homework
When we talk about knowing how to do homework on your own, we are talking about having an entire array of skills achieved from academic development. This means that you can:
- Orient yourself to the amount of tasks that you have to perform.
- Plan the order of actions: what you will do first, what then, etc.
- Manage time (approximately how much time will be occupied with each task).
- Understand what task you will face in the performance of a specific assignment.
- Apply the necessary skills and knowledge to perform the task.
- Imagine the actions that will help you with the difficulty of performing the task.
The fulfillment of homework is an obligatory part of the studies of students. It is obvious, since the knowledge learned in class will simply be forgotten and all efforts of the teacher will be eliminated if they are not strengthened by doing homework.
Formation of Independent Work
Self-sufficiency rarely appears on its own. Paradoxically, the independence of students is the result of a number of consistent actions of adults, first of all the parents, in the stages of development of students. If a student has learned to do homework on his or her own, turning to adults for help only in case of serious difficulties, it is a serious step in the development of the student on the path to independence. Conversely, the formation of a habit in seeking help at the slightest difficulty can lead to the feeling of insignificance, and subsequently – to uncertainty.
It is possible to single out a number of significant points that should be taken into account when raising self-fulfilling homework. For the development of the student it matters how much he or she is interested in studying at school, how important it is for him or her to be a successful student, the characteristics and nervous system of the student, and the features of the parents’ interaction with children when doing homework. So, with low motivation to learn, doing homework turns into a torturous affair for a student. Unwillingness to learn can be caused by conflicts with classmates, gaps in knowledge, a lack of voluntary attention, etc.
How to Become a Successful Homework Doer
- Before performing the homework, ventilate the room and turn off the TV. The room must be quiet. Take off everything that does not apply to the school from your table. Prepare what you need to complete the task (textbook, notebook, etc.).
- The task should be performed on the day when it is assigned to avoid forgetting the material that was taught in class.
- The given homework should be distributed evenly on the days of the week, so as to have time to complete all assignments.
- The intensive execution of one lesson should not last more than 30 minutes, so some tasks must be returned to several times.
- Between the execution of different tasks, there should be a break from 10 to 20 minutes.
- It is advisable to do all tasks on weekdays, so that a homework doer can have a rest on the weekend.
Do not make doing homework a tool for torture. Form positive motivation for doing homework for its long-term perspective. Encourage yourself for well-done homework; praise yourself. Ask your parents to help you do your homework only if you really need it. Do not ask them to perform assignments for you, as it is better if you do not do homework at all than having your parents do it for you.
Form the culture of mental work, and ask what additional literature can be used to perform well on homework. Use the opportunity for additional and stimulating classes in the school in order to reduce the school workload at home. Consult the teachers if you see that you have difficulty with preparing homework assignments.
Types of Homework for English and a Working Process
Work with text:
- Reading the text – Remember the rules for reading, and read the text out loud at least two times, writing out all the unfamiliar words, and finding their meaning in the dictionary.
- Answering questions on the text you read – Read the text carefully, read the suggested questions to the text, find the corresponding sentences in the text for the keywords, and answer the questions, remembering that most of the answer is already contained in the question. If necessary, write down answers in the notebook.
- Retelling the text – This includes reading the text, dividing it into logical parts, drawing up a retelling plan, writing out key words for each item of the plan, writing sentences with keywords, memorizing sentences, and speaking aloud the text.)
Work with poetry:
- Engaging in expressive reading – Read the poetry, placing logical stress, and read it aloud at least five times.
- Learning it by heart – Read the poetry, placing logical stress, and read it aloud at least five times (until it is learned in memory).
Work with grammar exercises:
- Read and learn the rule, analyze examples, and carry out exercises in writing with reference to the textbook.
Work with vocabulary:
- Oral work with vocabulary – Read the words carefully based on the reading rules, speak them aloud several times, and ask adults to check the memorization of words.
- Vocabulary dictation – Carefully read the words; write each word in two lines in the draft, independently verifying the spelling and words in which errors were made. Write them again, and ask someone to dictate words to you, and check again.
- Lexical exercises – Repeat the vocabulary on the topic, carefully read the sentence with the missed words, and insert missed words. If necessary, relying on the text, rewrite them in a notebook.
- Essay, letter, postcard – Carefully read the topic of the essay, and draw up a plan or use the plan that the teacher gave. Write out the necessary vocabulary, leaning on the dictionary, and make proposals according to the plan. Use the necessary introductory phrases.
If you believe that homework tips will not solve your problem, you can get help from WriteMyEssayOnline.com. On our site, you can decide what writer to choose for completing your order. Not only do we have a team of writers, but also a team of proofreaders and editors who will check the written paper for mistakes, so you can be sure that your essay will be error-free. On our blog, you can read through samples to see how our writers write different papers. We are available 24/7 so you can contact us any time you want. Moreover, we have reasonable prices, so anyone can afford using our service.
Don’t hesitate anymore – place your order right now! We are ready to help you with any type of paper.