The doctoral thesis is an important scientific achievement, requiring a lot of patience, time, and hard work. It is no wonder that many people who have devoted themselves to science spend many years preparing for writing a thesis. A young doctor of science is a great rarity.
The doctoral thesis is dedicated to solving an important scientific problem. The results of this kind of thesis should have not only scientific, but also social and cultural significance, that is, it should be useful for humanity. After applying the proposed solution of the problem in the thesis, qualitative changes in this area should follow.
For many scientists who have taken up writing a doctoral thesis, it is a motivation that, without a doctorate, it is impossible to climb the career ladder and become a professor. But most people simply need development and recognition in their professional environment. If you are researching the current problem for science and society and successfully bring this case to the end by defending a doctoral dissertation, you will be noticed and new opportunities will open up before you.
Whatever the motives (and each person has different ones), they must be supported by concrete scientific achievements in a certain field of knowledge. This is an obligatory condition for admission to doctoral studies.
Doctoral Thesis as a Socially Useful Scientific Achievement
The future doctor of sciences is the current candidate of science. It means that he or she already has experience of writing a master’s thesis. Undoubtedly, this experience is very useful, but we must understand that the PhD and doctoral thesis are very different levels, and the requirements for them, respectively, are different.
A candidate’s work proves the author’s ability to choose an actual topic, set tasks, formulate a problem, and find ways to solve it, to prove the correctness of their hypothesis in practice. The doctoral thesis should not just investigate something, but bear a benefit for society in itself. A qualitative doctoral thesis is considered in the case when its result can be defined as a new scientific achievement. Therefore, an obligatory condition for the author is the focus in their research on obtaining practical results, and not just the systematization of the material and, so to speak, a look at the problem from the outside. That is, there must be an answer to the question: how cans something be improved in an important field of knowledge and human life? There must be not just an answer, but tried and tested ways of solving the problem.
Nowadays, there are many people with higher education. They have the opportunity to go further into science. But only a few get to the level of the doctor of sciences. The most persistent issues can rise at this stage. With the ascent to each new stage of the scientific ladder, the quantity decreases by an order of magnitude:
- Out of 10 beginning scientists only 1 gets a PhD.
- Out of 10 candidates only 1 receives a doctorate.
- Out of 10 doctors of sciences only 1 continues active scientific activity after the defense of the thesis.
Remember that the doctoral dissertation is your ticket to the history of science; this means that when you write it, you will need to not just “give your best,” but do even more than what you can do. The requirements for the doctoral theses of the Higher Attestation Commission are much higher than the requirements for candidates. Therefore, the candidate (the future doctor of sciences) will have to work hard, so that their work will meet all the important criteria.
Strict requirements for the consistency of writing a doctoral dissertation do not exist. But the majority of authors apply approximately such a scheme (keep in mind not the sequence of chapters in the version as they will be located, but the recommended order of their development, the sequence of work on the thesis):
- A review of the literature relating to the first version.
- Description of research methods.
- Results of the study.
- If the discussion of results is separated from the third section, they should be taken out in the fourth section.
- Recommendations for the application of the results and conclusions of the author in practice.
- Review of the second version.
- List of terms and explanations, as well as abbreviations.
- Full list of references.
- Table of contents.
- Thesis title page.
What to Do, and How to Do It
Armed with authoritative sources (research material), having your own publications from the journals, and also sitting down at the computer and alerting your ability to compose and order thoughts, you will have to take the following steps:
- Formulate a clear thesis title. People who read your thesis for the first time will get the first impression of it from its title.
- Develop new theories and techniques, which, subsequently, will necessarily need to be applied in the study.
- Write about the results obtained with the use of your author’s methodologies, and make a discussion of these results.
- Describe the objectives of the study. On their basis at the end of the work, you will draw conclusions.
- When working on a doctoral dissertation, it should be borne in mind that its volume should be at least 200 pages (without taking into account the various applications and the list of sources).
- Describe the methods in detail. You should be especially clear and scrupulous in describing the unique methods (innovative).
- Write a text relating to the main part of the thesis that should be available so it can be understood by a wide readership, not just specialists. The entire text should be provided with references to sources, transcripts to abbreviations, tables, diagrams, and other illustrations. Suggestions should be simple. The more tables are in the text, the easier it will be to look for the necessary information in it.
- Develop new theories that must be carefully justified and backed up with reliable statistical data and detailed descriptions of the experiments. At the same time, it is important that new theories fit harmoniously into modern paradigms.
- As part of the discussion of the results, you need to focus the reader’s attention on the practical significance of the work you have done, and also give an overall assessment of the results. It is important to carefully describe the prospects for using the findings you obtained, as well as the scope and industry of their possible application.
Before you start working on your thesis, make sure that you have gathered 20 publications. Do not forget that your work should correspond to the profile of the academic council.
If you find this article useful, check out also Crucial Tips for Writing a Good Thesis You Must Be Aware Of. If you can’t express your thoughts consistently while writing your thesis paper, it is extremely important to get help from WriteMyEssayOnline.com. To do this, place an order mentioning your requirements and setting the deadline. Your order will be done with a unique approach according to your instructions and academic standards. When your order is done, you have an opportunity to use free revisions if you don’t like something in it. You will not find a similar paper elsewhere.
Get a paper on our site written on any topic you need! We have the largest team of professional writers!