The short story ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver represents the sight of reality and the ability to see beyond the surface. This work of fiction was written in 1981, and today many students like to use ‘Cathedral’ for essay writing. The author touches many important subjects through a simple description of settings and the domestic life of characters.
The Background of the ‘Cathedral” by Raymond Carver
‘The Cathedral’ is a short story written by Raymond Carver. The story has a historical context setting the period of increase in poverty that happened almost in each country of the world.
One of the main ideas of the plot of the ‘Cathedral’ is the insight of Robert, who eventually realizes that he can look inward for the first time in his life. Robert considers the possibility of looking inward to get a deep understanding of his personality.
The exciting idea of this short story hides behind the symbol of the Cathedral. According to an author, the Cathedral is a sight that lets to see the truth within all.
In addition to symbolism in the ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver, there is irony. One of the biggest ironies in this short story is that almost all the characters can see less than the blind man.
If you have doubts that handling an essay about the ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver is a task you can take alone, hiring an essay writer online could be a working solution. Reach out to a professional and ensure your paper is written correctly and on time.
A good essay begins with accurate topics, but students often don’t know how to name their works. To reveal the main points of every literature composition, you need to formulate your point of view correctly. It is easy to choose the right ‘Cathedral’ research paper topic when you have the list we prepared for you!
‘Cathedral’ by Carver: Topics for Essay
- The ways in which character, plot, point of view, and setting in Raymond Carver’s ‘Cathedral’ contribute to the central theme.
- How does each of the elements of fiction ‘Cathedral’ contribute to the central idea? How does each element work with others to develop or strengthen the theme?
- Analysis of literary techniques in Raymond Carver’s ‘Cathedral.’
- The idea of blindness and self-awareness in Raymond Carver’s ‘Cathedral.’ How do characters and symbolism in the story reveal its main idea?
- Comparison of the main approaches between Raymond Carver’s ‘Cathedral’ and James Joyce’s ‘Araby.’
- The role of dialogues between characters in ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver.
- Description of the relationship between the narrator and his wife in Raymond Carver’s ‘Cathedral.’
- The significance of Robert’s blindness in the short story ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver.
- The subject of racism in Raymond Carver’s ‘Cathedral’ and the author’s relation to it.
- Description of main ideas from Raymond Carver’s ‘Cathedral’ and Ernest Hemingway’s ‘Hills Like White Elephants.’
- How does the author use irony in the short story ‘Cathedral’?
- Analysis of how the narrator forms the short story ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver.
- Literature analysis of ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver and ‘Blazo’ by Ron Carlson.
- A comparison of ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver and ‘The Birthmark’ by Nathaniel Hawthorne towards the characters going through self-deception and how they allow the environment and social culture to control them.
- How would Friedrich Nietzsche react to ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver?
‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver: Research Paper Topics
- How can the reader suggest that the narrator in ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver has mental disabilities that make him even more vulnerable to discrimination and abuse than the blind man, Robert?
- Why does Robert treat the narrator with condescension in the short story of Raymond Carver ‘Cathedral’?
- What is the narrator’s problem with connecting in the short story ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver?
- How can the reader explain the behavior of the narrator in ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver towards his alcohol addiction?
- What does Carver say at the end of his short story ‘Cathedral’ when the two men draw the cathedral together?
- The relation between the blind man and the narrator’s wife. Why does he eam her unconditional confidence?
- The reason Robert is the only one in Raymond Carver’s ‘Cathedral’ that has a name.
- The transformation of the narrator in the short story ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver.
- The thematic trajectory employed through actions and dialogues of characters.
- Summarize the conflict in ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver.
- What actually happens as the plot unfolds in Raymond Carver’s ‘Cathedral’?
- Determine the messages Raymond Carver presented about society, human nature, and morality in ‘Cathedral.’
- How does the narrator react to the visit of the blind man in ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver? Based on this behavior, conclude the characteristics of what kind of person he is.
- How does the way the narrator from ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver speaks with the author’s relentlessly simple sentences influence perception of the story? Why is the narrator attributing a word such as “united” to his wife?
- References to religion in Raymond Carver’s story ‘Cathedral.’
Some Tips For Essay Writing
If one aims to write a compelling and meaningful paper about the ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver, he or she should follow specific tips that will ease the process of creating an essay. Here are several basic hacks:
- Do not hesitate to ask for help from professionals who can write essay online on any topic. It is a great option for busy students who have no time to deal with challenging written tasks.
- Ask more questions to a teacher and request detailed instructions on writing an essay.
- Use topic generator tools that can be easily found online.
- Create a detailed outline before you start drafting an essay.
- Do not skip the stage of proofreading a paper.
Literature Essay Writing Help
Having a difficult topic to write about? Just turn out for our help, asking us, write my essay, and we’ll deal with it efficiently! Affordable prices, on-time delivery, 100% originality, and other features are waiting for you!
‘Please, write my assignment for me‘ is a simple question that can make your life better. Reach out to us and get help with any paper you need.